You’ll love the Galápagos Islands - they’re like no other place on earth.
- being at arm's length of giant tortoises and wonderfully grotesque marine and land iguanas,
- marveling at the rhythmic bobbing of lava lizards,
- delighting in the diving antics of pelicans and bluefooted boobies,
- admiring the abundant birds raising their chicks beneath your feet,
- swimming with playful sea lions and marine turtles or just
- being awe-inspired by the diverse volcanic landscapes.
Galápagos is an experience you simply cannot miss.
We have visited the Galápagos Islands on 11 occasions - in 1995 as tourists, in 2000 as designers and tour leaders, in 2001 as leaders of a team of Australian consultants, lending planning, horticultural and educational skills to the Charles Darwin Research Station and as tour leaders in 2002, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2009, 2011 & twice in 2014.
You will travel in a small group, maximum of 16 people, escorted by our trusted and knowledgeable local naturalist guides.
To see some of our photographs go to the Galapogas Image Gallery.
This is not a tour for people who want to tick Galápagos off their list with a 3 or 5 day FIFO (fly in, fly out) visit. This tour is both land and sea based. Over 14 days, you visit 2 central islands – Isabela and Santa Cruz, before you take off on your ‘tour navigable’ to out-lying islands. You spend time with the locals and see how Ecuadorian and international people live and work on Galápagos. Oh, and you see all the amazing birds and animals … and marine life, as well as having time to enjoy them.
So this tour is about immersion in Galápagos, not skim over the top stuff. Your amazing photos will attest to that. Does this tour sound like what you are looking for? Then read on … or do you want a cheaper quick hit … then go to another website.